Hire the Tramper
Wild East Devon is committed to improving access to Seaton Wetlands for visitors with limited mobility and our off-road mobility scooter called the Tramper gives people unable to walk further distances the freedom to explore the site with their friends and family.
The Tramper is available for hire when trained staff or volunteers are on duty, visits must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
Watch this short video to find out more about what you can expect.
The Tramper is available for use at Seaton Wetlands, to increase access to our reserve for people with limited mobility. It is leased to the Wild East Devon team by Countryside Mobility South West which is responsible for managing the safe operation of the scheme and use of Trampers across a number of sites in the south west.
First time users will undergo training on driving the Tramper which should take about 10 minutes, including the completion of the membership paperwork. Anyone who has used the Tramper previously will go through a brief refresher training before hiring it out.
Before hiring the mobility scooter you must:
- Read the terms and conditions.
- Become a member of the Countryside Mobility scheme . Membership is either £2.50 for 2 weeks or £10 for the year, this allows you to use off-road mobility Trampers at sites across the UK. Membership and payment, via cash or cheque (made payable to Living Options) can be completed at Seaton Wetlands.
- Book your visit with Wild East Devon by calling 01395 517557 at least 24 hours in advance.
We do not charge for hire of the Tramper but instead ask for a donation to help with maintenance costs.
Please contact the Wild East Devon team to plan your visit.
Hire the Reed Base
Get away from it all and enjoy unique surroundings when you hire the Reed Base for your event. The Reed Base is a classroom/meeting space found in the heart of Seaton Wetlands.
The Reed Base can be hired for alternative birthday parties, classes/workshops and team away days.
A natural meeting space:
- Seating space for up to 25 people
- Refreshment facilities
Wild East Devon are able to offer a range of activities for team away days.
- Hourly rate £25
- Half day £75
- Full day £125
- Additional charge for team building activities and equipment hire (pond dipping, bug hunting). Please contact the team for details.
For more information about hiring the Reed Base and the team building activities available contact the Wild East Devon team.